Prelude to Eternity Splinters
Since the announcement of the Eternity Splinter game mechanic. (Read more about it here) I have been pushing HARD to get another Hero Drop before the “drops” went away. My last drop was on 7-5-13. So, since I had only waited 13 days previously between drops I figured that it would be no problem to get a drop before the new Splinter system was patched into the live game. I was very wrong. It feels as if they lowered the drop rate after the announcement was made.
Along the way I got a duplicate of “Scarlet Witch”. Go figure. and many Artifacts that don’t seem to be of any use right now. Also, 3 cosmic powered gear items that are under leveled for the heroes they are for. My first Pet. Iron Buddy. He seems pretty cool. I’m decently happy with him. So, I find out that they will be implementing the patch today at 10am (central) so, I log in real quick to give it that final “push”. Sorry to say not happening. I did get one artifact that I already had though.
This is a grinding type game. Once that is realized the game will go much smoother for you. There are many tasks and missions that are in the game but if you don’t have your own set of “in-game” goals then you will flounder. Just as an example here are mine.
1. Get Hero Drop before Eternity Splinters patch.This game is a grinding game and that is the first thing you have to understand while playing. There are tasks and missions you can follow along the way but if you don’t have your own set of “goals” then you will flounder and go nowhere. Currently here is my list of in-game goals listed by priority. (FAIL)
2. Get Jean Grey to level 30 and through the story missions.
3. Get 10 Cube shards every 3 days.
4. As soon as Jean Grey is through the missions restart story to cover missions that Iron Man missed.
5. As soon as Iron Man is fully covered on the mission front. Then go back with Thing and clear all missions.
6. As soon as Thing is fully covered on the mission front. Start back to level 1 and take Cyclops through the missions and level to 30.
7. Once Eternity Splinters start, save up to 175 eternity splinters and purchase Random Hero Box. This will keep the randomness rolling. With a chance of Duplicates. That may change my feelings on the Random Hero Box. But this will probably move to #1 priority once it goes live. *sidenote* If I do get duplicates I will complain about it. That’s just how it is.
I am very Happy in the direction this game is moving. Along with Eternity Splinters we also get The Human Torch playable character. He looks pretty badass. Along with many many other fixes. So, I will keep you tuned in to what I get and how I get it. Although I hear the drop rate for Splinters will be like 6 an hour or so that means that I won’t be able to get a hero for another 19-20 days. That will be a total of 46 days between heroes. The drop rate could be good or bad and I will let you know here first.
Current Hero Levels:.
Cyclops: Level 9
Daredevil: Level 7
Hawkeye: Level 8
Iron Man: Level 38
Jean Grey: Level 25
Ms. Marvel: Level 5
Scarlet Witch: Level 1
Storm: Level 1
Thing Level 35
Time Played (according to Raptr.com) 95 hrs 12 min
Sound good? Ok then. If you would like to play this game go to http://www.marvelheroes.com and download the client. After installing the client from there you will go through a game download. It’s lengthy (10GB) so, give yourself some time. Also, if you would like to play with me, look me up BigJD. Happy Gaming!
Check out my Page Here where I break down my character/costume drops. There’s Pictures!! Yay!