So you want a free hero huh?
Well, it kinda stands to reason that you would. Because, well… its a free to play game and Heroes & Costumes will drop randomly throughout the game. And that’s pretty cool. You can purchase Heroes & Costumes if you don’t feel like waiting for your favorites to drop at random. But for me, it’s more of a challenge than being a really cheap gamer. I had purchased the Starter Pack when it was first offered but I did that to support the game. From here on out I want to “earn” these characters and costumes. It makes it so much better in the end. I mean, the feeling you get when one drops is so unexpected and fulfilling that I wouldn’t have it any other way. Maybe upping the rate a bit more… No, it’s fine the way it is.
There are ways to better your chances in obtaining these very rare item drops. I will try to list all that I currently know.
1. Play your heroes with rested XP maxed out. That means that once your rested XP is gone then you should switch out to another playable hero that you have. If you don’t know what rested XP is. click HERE.
2. Obtain Gear for your hero(s) that have a Rarity Boost affix. This will help you find gear that has a Special Item Find affix on it. Equip as many pieces of gear that has the Special Item Find affix as it will help your chances. Special Items are defined as Heroes or Costumes. Sometimes you may even find a piece of gear that has both the Rarity Boost & Special Item Find. Those are keepers. Keepers are the blues & purples. You can craft a blue piece of gear to make it a purple. The purples are more powerful and you can switch ownership with the crafting without needing to “unbind”. Essentially, you can hand them down to your other heroes once you out level them. You may need some S.T.A.S.H. space though. If you don’t want to go THAT in depth at least keep your rarity & special item gear. You may only find “green” gear and that will have to do until you can find some purples.
3. I hear that the “dailies” are the highest probability of something like a Hero or Costume to drop. To access the Daily missions you have to complete the game through once.
4. Daily missions also award 1 shard per Boss once a day. Collect 10 shards and you can trade them for a Fortune Card. From that card you can obtain many different things. One of which could be a costume. It also says that you can obtain a rare mystery prize. That may be a Hero or it may not be. I’m not sure.
5. You can get 3 Heroes just by playing the game through to completion on your first time around. You get 1 as your starter. You get a 2nd one as soon as you beat Green Goblin and then visit Maria Hill. Then you get your 3rd one after you beat Dr. Doom.
6. Pure Luck. With the randomness in this game luck plays a huge part of it. From our perspective it’s luck but I’m sure nothing is actually “Luck” in this game.
There you have it! You should be one step closer to obtaining a free hero or costume. Is this proven & tested? No, not really. I’ve only had the one hero drop for me thus far but I’m sure playing a lot doesn’t hurt.
Current Hero Levels:
Cyclops: Level 7
Daredevil: Level 7
Hawkeye: Level 4
Iron Man: Level 21
Jean Grey: Level 9
Thing Level 11
Sound good? Ok then. If you would like to play this game go to http://www.marvelheroes.com and download the client. After installing the client from there you will go through a game download. It’s lengthy (10GB) so, give yourself some time. Also, if you would like to play with me, look me up BigJD. Happy Gaming!
Check out my Page Here where I break down my character/costume drops. There’s Pictures!! Yay!